get more out of life...
Travelling near or far can be more relaxing if you have the proper Canadian travel insurance in place before you go. Travelling to the U.S.A or beyond, single trip or an annual plan may be your requirement. Do you have visitors coming to stay from other countries? Insure their stay with "Visitors to Canada Protection" before they arrive.
Payment may be made by Visa - Mastercard
Type of coverage you may require:
- Emergency Excess Hospital & Medical Plans
- U.S.A. Plan
- Non U.S.A. Plan
- Seniors Worldwide Plan
- Group Sports (and other group information)
- Basic Annual Plan Select Annual Plan
- Visitors to Canada Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Air Flight Accident
- Rental Car Collision Damage Protection
Application may be made by phone if you have the personal data available for the applicants:
- date of birth
- length of time coverage is required
- date of departure
- date of return.
To arrange prompt coverage, use the form in the contact us page
The Canadian Government has introduced a Super Visa that enables parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents to visit their family in Canada for up to two years without needing to renew their status.
A key requirement for obtaining a Super Visa is proof of private medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company. The coverage must:
- Be valid for a minimum of one year
- Cover health care, hospitalization and repatriation
- Provide a minimum coverage of $100,000
- Be valid for each entry to Canada and available for review by a port of entry officer
Visitors will also be required to undergo an immigration medical examination in order to come to Canada.
Features and benefits:
- Up to $150,000 in all-in-one hospital, medical and extended health care
- Coverage offered for up to 365 days
- Competitive rates
- No age limit with published rates for visitors up to age 85
- 24/7 access to multi-lingual emergency assistance
- Purchase before or any time after arrival in Canada
- No medical underwriting required for quicker policy issue
- Additional optional plans available for Trip Interruption, Flight accident
- $0 deductible on standard rates; discounted rates for deductible options
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment benefit equal to overall coverage amount
Insurance for Immigrants & Visitors to Canada
Whether visiting family or immigrating to Canada permanently, let GMS help you cover the cost of emergency medical treatment and care.
Immigrants & Visitors to Canada features:
- No wait period if you apply for coverage before your arrival in Canada. There is a 48 hour wait period if you apply within 30 days of your arrival in Canada.
- More choices:
- You choose the deductible; $0, $100, $500 or $1,000.
- You choose the amount of coverage; $25,000, $50,000, $100,000 or $150,000 per person.
- You choose the number of days you are covered for your trip; up to 365 days if you are 54 years of age or less; up to 180 days if you are 55 - 79 years of age.
- Staying longer than you planned? Call GMS 48 hours or more before your coverage ends and we will help you extend the number of days you are covered for.
- Simple application: Apply on-line before or after your arrival in Canada. It only takes a few minutes. Visa and MasterCard are accepted.
- No medical questions if you are 54 years of age or younger.
- Travel coverage within North America included: Your plan includes emergency medical travel coverage for trips in Canada, the United States of America and Mexico.
- GMS Customer Service. Call GMS travel medical assistance toll-free for help obtaining treatment and coordinating your care. Many health care providers will bill GMS direct, send other bills to GMS for prompt claim reimbursement.